Continue your education in the Netherlands. Happy news The Leiden University Excellence Scholarships 2023-2024 is presently available. We will go into great detail regarding this scholarship program in this article, including its advantages and detailed instructions for applying.
International students who wish to study a master’s degree at Leiden University in the Netherlands are invited to apply for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships 2023. These scholarships are given to deserving students and are completely sponsored.
The amount and kind of scholarships awarded relies on the funding made available to each faculty department. One of Europe’s top universities for international research, Leiden University was established in 1575.
The university’s motto is “Presidium Liberates,” which translates to “Bastion of Freedom.” In locations in Leiden and The Hague, it has seven faculties for the social sciences, the arts, and the sciences. 28,130 students and about 6,700 employees attend the university.
CHECK MORE: Pierre Elliott Trudeau Doctoral Scholarships 2023
- Study Level: Master’s
- Universities: Leiden University
- the Netherlands
All master’s degree programmers in the following faculties are offered: humanities, archaeology, medicine/LUMC, law, social and behavioral sciences, governance and international affairs, science, centrum door. Program Length: A one-year program can only be studied for a total of 12 months. A 2-year curriculum may be studied for a maximum of 24 months.
Deadline: 1 February for programs beginning 1 September and 1 October for programs beginning 1 February
CHECK MORE: Confucius Institute Scholarship 2023
The perks of receiving a Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (Lex’s) include:
- €15,000 is the cost of tuition.
- €10,000 is the cost of tuition.
- Combined tuition less the mandatory tuition fee
CHECK MORE: York University Scholarship 2023-2024
Candidates must satisfy each of the conditions listed below in order to be eligible for a Leiden University Excellence Scholarships 2023 (Lex’s):
English is a required language.
International students from non-EU/EEA nations are eligible.
- The student must have received great grades in their previous academic work that are pertinent to the program they desire to enroll in. The student will likely rank in the top 10% for the pertinent program pursued overseas.
- Students must have received top grades in their prior coursework that are pertinent to the Master’s degree they are applying to. The fact that the student graduated in the top 10% of his or her previous study program is an evidence of this. Note that this information is only provided to show the level of competition; verification of ranking is not necessary
- The student’s passport will not be from the EU or EEA, making them ineligible for aid under the Dutch “Studiefinanciering” system of study grants and loans. Please visit www.duo.nl for additional details. This is not the case for Advanced Masters programs; anyone from any country may apply for the Lex’s for these programs.
- It is not guaranteed that the Lex’s will continue if a student switches their degree program in the middle of their study plan. The Faculty Selection Committee will evaluate each request individually and make the ultimate determination (s). The Lex’s scholarship will be cancelled and the student will need to reapply if the change occurs before the student has registered for the study program.
- The Lex’s is only valid for the duration that the student is enrolled full-time in the study program at Leiden University.
- A Lex’s granted for the academic year noted in the decision letter cannot be carried over to the following intake within that academic year or to another academic year. The Lex’s will be revoked in the event that a student who has been granted an Lex’s for the September (or February) intake decides to delay his or her participation in the study program. The Faculty Selection Committee will evaluate each request individually and make the ultimate determination (s).
- Except for partial scholarships, which require prior written confirmation, the student is not allowed to earn any further full scholarships for the same degree. If a full scholarship from another organization, such as the Netherlands Fellowship Program, Jean Monnet, etc., has been awarded and has been accepted, the student must inform Leiden University.
- To maintain the right to Lex’s for the subsequent academic year in a program lasting longer than a year, the student must earn at least 60 ECTS during the first year of study.
- The Leiden University Selection Committee shall determine the number of ECTS standards for good progress and the timing and methodology of progress evaluation in circumstances where there is any doubt.
- A student is permitted to submit multiple scholarship applications at once. Scholarships offered or sponsored by Leiden University, however, cannot be combined. This relates to the Orange Tulip – China and CEU Presidium Liberates scholarship programs. Additionally, the Lex’s cannot be combined with scholarships offered through bilateral agreements with educational institutions or any other scholarships that Leiden University may provide or support in the near future.
- The student must abide by Dutch visa rules in order to be eligible for Leiden University Excellence Scholarships 2023.
- Except for those who are applying to a Master programme for whom a specific prior Master programme or work experience is required, students who are admitted to a second Master programme at Leiden University will not be eligible for the Lex’s.
- Any change in nationality, kind of residency permit, and/or potential “Studiefinanciering” funding should be reported to Leiden University as soon as feasible throughout the academic year.
- Analogues to the “Regaling inschrijving, college- en examengeld” for the relevant academic year will be used to process any requests for tuition fee reimbursement if the student leaves their studies early. It is the student’s responsibility to turn in the registration form to Leiden University. The pupil will, if appropriate
- The student will then, if appropriate, receive a pro rata repayment of the tuition charge less the scholarship.
The student will actively participate in Lex’s promotion efforts while attending Leiden University Excellence Scholarships 2023. By completing the “Acceptance Form Lex’s,” the student must accept the awarded Lex’s scholarship.
CHECK MORE: Ph.D. Scholarships In Sweden 2023
How to Apply
- Indicate that you want to apply for a Lex’s in the area of your online application that is for
- According to the instructions in your online application, upload your Lex’s motivation letter. In this Word document, you can only use 500 words to describe why you should be given the award