University Of Cape Town Scholarships 2023 academic session declared for all degree programs with a variation of discipline options. International students can take benefit from studying in South Africa for free at the UCT on scholarships. The South African Scholarships are fully-funded Scholarships and do not need IELTS certification mostly.
Study For Free In South Africa
This outstanding South African called the university of Cape Town started with funds and government help and became an appropriate high-quality education institution in the 19th century. In the span of almost two periods, the UCT has successfully accomplished to become one of the highest universities in Cape Town. It is well-known for providing innovative and extraordinary learning chances and a creative environment for the brilliant and young generations.
University Of Cape Town Scholarships For International Students
- Health Sciences
About 30,000 students are studying at UCT and working day and night for a bright future. Out of these, 5,000 are brilliant global students. The UCT is doing an outstanding job as it has opened many Cape Town University scholarship opportunities for interested applicants from every angle of the world. Students can check the list of presented scholarships from the Student Handbook 14.
Instruction For University Of Cape Town Scholarships For International Students
The medium of instruction at UCT is English for teaching determinations, lectures, admission, and examination. However, English, Afrikaans, and the isiXhosa are official languages used at UCT.
CHECK MORE: Scholarships In US 2023 – Study For Free In USA
Requirements For University Of Cape Town Scholarships For International Students
The candidates from non-native English-speaking countries are demanded to prove their English language skills for getting admission to the US. UCT takes IELTS of at least 6 bands, TOEFL of a total score of 88+, National English Benchmark test, and PTE of a total of 67+.
Admission Acceptance Rate:
Getting admission to the University of Cape Town (UCT) is not a big issue. UCT has a viable acceptance ratio of up to 7% with low choosiness. However, getting into any medical field is not as informal as it appears. It may require a bit diverse and complex process.
How to Apply for University Of Cape Town Scholarships
- As stated above, a lot of scholarships are offered for the students interested in studying at UCT but cannot apply due to tuition dues funding.
- Before applying for any degree program, scholars have to pre-register themselves at the UCT. For further help, students can also visit International Academic Programs Office (IAPO).
- For a scholarship application, applicants have to apply and register in the degree program first at the UCT. Strategy the application at least six months or before the deadline.
- Once the applicant has applied for the exact degree program, it is time to contact the Head of the Department to request available scholarship openings.
- The requirements of documents and applications may differ. For instance, if an applicant is applying for the Need-Based Scholarship Program, he must submit a declaration of purpose. However, for Merit-Based Scholarships, statement letters with the academic transcripts and records are obligatory to submit.
- Research-Based Scholarships at the UCT demand a Research proposal related to the course study.
Fully-funded Scholarships at the University Of Cape Town in 2023:
The list of UCT scholarships in 2023 offered for all students at the University of Cape Town UCT is this:
#1 Mastercard Foundation Scholarship:
The scholarship for the year 2023 is open but will close very quickly. So, apply before the deadline exceeds.
- Host University: University of the Cape Town.
Degree Level: The Undergraduate & Postgraduate.
The UCT and MasterCard Foundation have combined hands to provide a golden chance by applying for the MasterCard Scholarship. It is a tuition award scholarship presented to overseas applicants. Meanwhile, Africans getting registered for the 1st time in an undergraduate program can apply for this scholarship.
- depend upon the academic scores, commitment, students’ potential, and want for funding.
- UCT Master Card Scholarship coverages include full tuition dues waiver, living prices, health, and travel expenditures.
#2 National Research Foundation (NRF) Scholarships:
Students registered in any Master’s or Doctoral degree programs at the UCT can apply for the NRF scholarship program.
- 2 years —> Master’s degree.
- 3 years —> Doctoral degree.
UCT-NRF Scholarship Benefits include;
- Tuition fee waiver.
- Living allowance.
- Accommodation cost.
- Travel and food expenses.
- Also cover, additional costs, like technological and electrical ones.
#3 IRCC scholarship 2023
This scholarship is offered for Postgraduate courses for refugee students. The number of scholarships is restricted and awarded based on capability and potential.
Generally, senior applicants select this Refuge UCT scholarship program. There is only one application round all year for the Global and Refugee Scholarship. Hence, the interested applicants must keep an eye on the deadline.
- 1 year —> Honor’s degree.
- 2 years —> Master’s degree.
- 3 years —> Ph.D. degree.
However, the scholarship period can extend if the applicant shows acceptable performance during the course study program.
- R25 000—>Honors
- R30 000—> Master’s
- R35 000—> Doctoral
For the scholarship application, applicants must contact the admission office and apply before the time limit.
#4 History Access Scholarships 2023:
The Department of Historical Studies at UCT has opened its doors for applicants excited to take admitted to the History Access 5-year degree program. Applicants registered in the Master’s and Honor’s degree programs can apply for the scholarship.
The number of scholarships and Duration:
- 3 Scholarships —> Master’s degree (Two-year program).
- 6 Scholarships —> Honors degree (One-year program).
- For a Master’s degree, it is ZAR 105,000 (1st year). But the funds for the 2nd year depending upon the performance of the 1st year.
- For the Honors Program, it is ZAR 95,000
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Students with expertise in an African language.
- Students elaborate on the innovative research.
- Information regarding the eligibility standard and application process
#5 MMEG Scholarships by UCT:
It is also called Margaret McNamara Education Grant. The quantity for this MMEG-UCT scholarship is up to USD 7,000. This scholarship is offered for female students only, registered with Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degrees at the UCT.
Age Limit: 25 years.
Though, the applicant must be from a qualified country. Temporarily, while applying for the scholarship, the applicant must be a full-time student at any official university. Before applying for this scholarship,
#6 Sports Scholarships In South Africa:
All the applicants who have represented their countries in any sport are qualified for this scholarship. This scholarship goal is to attract all sports lovers to the UCT.
Scholarship Value: R4 000 and R8 000.
Though, the candidates must talk to the “Sports and Recreation Department” to get considered for this scholarship.
#7 The Jagger, JW Trust, and Centenary Scholarship Program:
This amazing scholarship is here for the scholars studying at UCT with any Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral degree.
The value of the scholarship differs with the degree programs, like;
- R 25,000 for the Bachelor’s program.
- R 30,000 for the Master’s program.
- R 35,000 for the Doctoral program.
Scholarship Duration: 1 year.
But the scholarship period will expand for 1 year more for a Master’s degree and 2 years for a Ph.D. degree.
VISIT: OFFICIAL WEBSITE
VISIT FOR MORE: SCHOLARSHIPHITHER.COM