Chase your studies in South Korea. Good news! Scholarships In South Korea In 2023 are now open for Exchange scholars. Study For Free In South Korea. In this article, we will clarify in detail about GKS Scholarship, its aids, and the step-by-step application procedure. Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) is a fully-funded scholarship for exchange scholars. This scholarship is presented for master’s and undergraduate studies for the 2022-2023 session. The scholarship covers the living expenses, settlement allowance, airfare, and medical insurance. SNU ISI presents an exclusive opportunity for scholars to experience academic life at Seoul National University, Korea’s most important university and one of the foremost universities in the world. SNU ISI’s taught by eminent SNU and visiting faculty members, bids students a chance to learn in-depth about Korea and East Asia, as well as a range of topics from the corrections of Economics and Business Management to History, Politics, Sociology, and Arts. Since its creation in 2007, more than two thousand students from around the world have contributed to the SNU ISI program to learn, experience, and enjoy remarkable summer of academics, activities, and long-lasting friendships. Purpose: to provide expressive experiences for exchange students regarding Korean culture and education; to strengthen the global capability of Korean universities.
Scholarship Summary Scholarships In South Korea In 2023
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters
- Institution(s): SNUs partner universities
- Study in: South Korea
- Program Period: 4 months or 10 months (depending on the student’s exchange period)
- Deadline: September / February(Yearly)
CHECK MORE: Top Scholarships In Spain Without IELTS in 2023
College of Humanities
- Korean Language and Literature
- Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- French Language and Literature
- German Language and Literature
- Russian Language and Literature
- Hispanic Language and Literature
- Asian Languages and Civilizations
- Korean History
- Asian History
- Western History
- Archaeology and Art History
- Religious Studies
College of Social Sciences
- Political Science and International Relations
- Political Science
- International Relations
- Social Welfare
College of Natural Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physics and Astronomy
- Biological Sciences
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- Plant Science
- Forest Sciences
- Food and Animal Biotechnology
- Applied Biology and Chemistry
- Biosystems & Biomaterials Science and Engineering
- Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering
- Agricultural Economics and Rural Development
College of Business Administration
- Business Administration
College of Education
- Korean Language Education
- English Education
- German Language Education
- French Language Education
- Social Studies Education
- History Education
- Geography Education
- Ethics Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
- Chemistry Education
- Biology Education
- Earth Science Education
- Physical Education
College of Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Architecture and Architectural Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Energy Resources Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
College of Fine Arts
- Oriental Painting
- Crafts and Design
College of Liberal Studies
- Liberal Studies
College of Human Ecology
- Consumer and Child Studies
- Food and Nutrition
- Textiles, Merchandising, and Fashion Design
College of Music
- Vocal Music
- Instrumental Music
- Korean Music
College of Nursing
College of Pharmacy
- Manufacturing Pharmacy
College of Veterinary Medicine
- Preliminary Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine
Interdisciplinary Programs for Undergraduates
- Computational Sciences
- Global Environmental Management
- Information Science and Culture Studies
- Media Art
- Technology Management
- Comparative Studies for East Asian Humanities
- COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is limited to students who are now majoring in business or economics at their home university.
- Candidates who apply for the KOREAN HISTORY/ PSYCHOLOGY/ STATISTICS MAJOR must provide proof of Korean language capacity. A pleasing level of Korean language capability should be either (1) Level 5 or overhead on the official Korean Language Proficiency Test or (2) Level 5 or above on the Korean Test shown at the SNU Language Institute.
- COLLEGE OF LAW is NOT exposed to undergraduate level students from Spring 2018.
- School of Law, a specific law school for graduate-level students, will be exposed to undergraduate-level students from Fall 2018. Please note that these undergraduate students will be registered as graduate (Master’s) students in SNU law school during their studies.
Applicants who want to study in the discipline of Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Nursing, Music, and the MBA must, in advance, be counseled of the eligibility by SNU coordinators.
- COLLEGE OF MEDICINE is no longer accessible to exchange scholars.
- COLLEGE OF DENTISTRY is open ONLY to masters-level students now enrolled in a master’s program at the School of Dentistry or equal at their home university. The student exchange program is NOT offered at the undergraduate level for the College of Dentistry.
- VOCAL MUSIC MAJOR is restricted to students who are now studying vocal music at their home university.
Scholarship Coverage Of Scholarships In South Korea In 2023
GKS Scholarship provides the recipient with the below profits:
- Living Expenses: 500,000 won per month.
- Settlement allowance: 200,000 won upon arrival.
- Round-trip Airfare: Reimbursement offered within the set amount.
- Medical Insurance:20,000 won monthly (paid by respective university).
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships In South Korea In 2023
To qualify for GKS Scholarship, the candidate must accomplish all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Applicants must currently be registered in at least the second semester of the home university program (= have completed at least one semester before they apply)
* We cannot thus accept graduate students who are registered in the first semester of the Master’s program at their application stage.
- Candidates must fulfill the following GPA requirement. (From Fall 2020’s admission)
- Undergraduate: GPA 2.5/4.0 (equivalent to 2.7/4.3) or percentile rank 83
- Masters: GPA 3.0/4.0 (equivalent to 3.3/4.3) or percentile rank 89
How to Apply for Global Korea Scholarship?
Please follow the following application commands to apply for this scholarship.
- Candidates must be nominated by their universities and the application package should be sent by the university by e-mail, along with a formal nomination letter for the GKS scholarship.
- The selected students will take detailed info on how to log in and apply online from the designated SNU coordinator.
- Apply to the exchange program the Online ill in the application, and upload the scanned copies of the documents below to the application system:
- A Certificate of Enrollment from the current university you are attending.
- Official University Transcript.
- Letter of Recommendation from a professor at the current university.
- A Statement of Purpose (a free essay in English or Korean).
- A copy of the Applicant’s Passport.
- For Fine Arts, Music, and Physical Education applicants: Photographs of works/recording of performances
- Exchange program applicants can complete the application by online submission.
- All documents should be submitted and posted in ORIGINAL or proved as an official copy, and should be in Korean or in English. If your documents are not in Korean or in English, please have your document translated into Korean or in English and have established and sealed by an authorized body.
VISIT FOR MORE: SCHOLARSHIPHITHER.COM